- Ethical and Sustainable Travel Resources
- The TravelPlanner is your hand
picked library of the best eco travel information on the web.
It covers both travel within and from the UK. There is loads
of useful information here, and we will continue to add to it
- if you are planning a trip, why not add this page to your bookmarks
now, so you can return again.
- We concentrate on ethical and
sustainable eco tourism, so you can expect to see sites with
strong ethical principles given prominence.
- Every month we feature a site
of particular interest -something that stands out from the crowd
-it might be that it has some good photos, be really a useful
source information or simply that it demonstrates a strong environmental
or ethical stance.
- Bookmark this site:
- Site of the Month:
- June 2012: Pedibus:
a different activity perhaps while the Olympics are on -Pedibus
is an innovative idea offering Pubcrawler Parties and tours of
Shoreditch and Borough Market with their vehicle that seats eight
cyclists who sit facing each other as if at a dinner table and
pedal their way around, steered by a driver. The on-board bar
and solar powered sound system complete the atmosphere. Would
be great to see more of these.
More on cycling.
- Past featured
- TheTravelPlanner online
- First started back in 2003 the
Travelplanner has since reached more than half a million travellers,
providing ideas on green places to stay and how to reach them.
- TheTravelPlanner is pleased to be featured in the Good
Web Guide, and the Book of Green. It is listed in numerous other
online resourses including Running in Heels and BeMoreEco.
- Read more about us and find
our contact details.
- Responsible Travel
- airlines -air fares + flight information -airports,
airlines, discount tickets online.
- rail -railway and underground companies,
timetables and tickets.
travel -car hire,
roads, traffic jams, travel services and advice.
- bus -bus and coach routes and timetables.
- sea -cross channel ferries and hovercraft.
- Accommodation: green places to stay
hotels -where find
and book eco hotels and hostals online.
- Eco-lodges -stay in eco friendly lodges and cabins.
hostels -budget accomodation
cottages -get away
from it all in self-catering accomodation -eco homes, town houses,
chalets, gites, apartments and cottages.
sites, tour organisers and equipment.
and breakfast -if
you are looking for environmentally friendly bed and breakfast.
-other travel information -passports, health, general advice.
portals -travel sites
with everything -from city guides to price comparisons.
- site of the month -some of the best travel sites on the internet.
books -see our our
library of travel books and maps.
years -taking a year
out and volunteering.
- equipment -for camping, trekking, skiing, mountaineering,
climbing, sub aqua, surfing and skiing.
- finance -money and travel insurance.
- contact -how to contact theTravelPlanner. Also
- Holidays -package tour and activity holiday companies.
- Adventure Travel -all aspects of outdoor activity and
- Beach holidays -find some of the best (mostst secluded) beaches
in the world.
- Sports holidays -tennis and golf holidays, tickets for motor sports,
football, rugby and cricket events.
- Wellbeing Holidays -yoga, meditation and spiritual retreats.
- Wildlife Safari -holidays where you can observe nature -from safari
in africa to birdwatching in the amazon.
- Sub Aqua -scuba dive in some of the best places in the
world -from the Red Sea to the Galapagos.
- Kayaking and Rafting -whitewater adventures by canoe, kayak
- Surfing -surfing holidays, resorts and equipment.
- Climbing -rock climbing and mountaineering in Britain and
the rest of the world.
- Trekking -walking and trekking holidays.
- Horse Riding -pony trekking and equestrian holidays.
- Cycling -information on bikes and cycle touring.
- Skiing -ski, snowboard and winter sports holidays.
- Sailing -from learning to sail to yacht charter
- Fishing -coarse, fly and sea fishing holidays around the
- River boats -messing aboat on rivers and canals.
- Cruises -luxury cruise liner holidays.
- Childrens Holidays -places to keep small people happy.
- Singles -holidays for single people of all ages -from
club med to holidays for older people.
- Ecotourism -holiday in a sustainable and responsible way.
breaks that don't cost the earth -featuring Amsterdam, Barcelona,
Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, Paris, Prague and Venice.
Search this site with Google:
- home | transport
| accommodation | general
information | holiday activities
| weekend breaks | contact