- Elephant on the Moon, Krakov -www.elephantonthemoon.com
- Bills itself as the first eco
hostel in Krakow, although their "eco rules" still
need some developing.
- Krumlov Hostel,
Cesky Krumlov -http://www.krumlovhostel.com
- Eco conscious hostel renovated
by Canadian/American couple Cal and Carolyn Zukowski -theirs
is a fascinating story about building something significant from
very simple beginnings.
- Not a hostel as such -simple
accommodation in a converted barn on a family farm near Telã.
Awarded an ECEAT Award for sustainability, Also offer camping
- Mosaic House, Prague -www.mosaichouse.com
- Upmarket hostel accommodation
combining design hotel and dormitory rooms. Green features include
greywater recycling unit with heat recuperation technology, water
heated with by solar panels, energy-efficient lighting, room
temperature levels and electric shutters controlled by a super
computer based on occupancy, bathrooms with low-flow toilets,
rain dance showers.
Toby's Hostel , Prague
- Centrally located friendly hostel with 70 beds, serving locally
sourced vegetarian and organic food. The hostel is keen to follow
environmental measures, including recycling, composting of food
and running the hostel company car on bio diesel.
Search this site with Google:
- home | transport
| accommodation | general
information | holiday activities
| weekend breaks | contact